Naturopathic Family Physician
OPEN AGAIN FOR IN PERSON VISITS, AFTER THE REQUIRED SCREENING.
STILL OFFERING PHONE AND ZOOM CONSULTATIONS.
Get sage advice from a naturopath with 25 years experience.
UV filter (disinfecting) added this year, filtering all circulating air in this building, to increase your protection
Please note that all in person visits require COVID pre-screening before your visit. If this is your first in-person visit since the start of the pandemic, please see the Pandemic Patient Protection page so you know the new processes in this clinic for patient safety.
Depending on the circumstances, we may also arrange for the discussion of your symptoms and current health challenges to be by phone or zoom, and testing to be in person, to reduce contact time. Testing can be out-doors, by special arrangement, to reduce the probability of viral transmission.
Low allergen clinic
Dr Penny Seth-Smith BSc (Hons) ND
Registered Naturopathic Physician
Certifications in prescribing, facial mesotherapy, oral chelation, acupuncture
Particular interest in complex difficult-to-diagnose cases,
and the interplay between physical and
mental & emotional health
Offering Live blood analysis and Muscle Testing / Applied Kinesiology in addition to conventional
25 YEARS EXPERIENCE
at your service
Do you feel you have tried everything
and nothing has really worked?
Have you been told that nothing is wrong
and yet you still feel awful?
Do you react to so many medications
and treatments that you despair?
Dr Penny Seth-Smith is an integrated Naturopathic Physician for adults, children and infants. She has an English science degree, 4 years (5,000 hours) of Canadian post-graduate Naturopathic medical education and 25 years experience in natural treatments for a wide variety of illness and disease. Her particular expertise is in treating Gut Health, Anxiety and Depression, Thyroid problems, Hormonal imbalances, Migraines, Seasonal Allergies, and Long-term Effects of Childhood (and later) Traumas.
She also offers gentle treatments suitable for the Highly Sensitive Person.
Providing Naturopathic Treatments for:
- Colds & Flus (NB no proven prevention or treatment for COVID-19 exists in any field of medicine)
- Post partum depression
- Childhood trauma
- Long term effects of previous mental / emotional traumas
- Concussion and post-concussion syndromes
- Seasonal allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Leaky Gut
- Food sensitivities
- Candida overgrowth
- SIBO (Small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
- SIFO (Small intestine fungal overgrowth)
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Kidney function problems
- Thyroid problems
- Hormone imbalances
- Menopausal symptoms
- Breast Health
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Chronic fatigue
- Myalgic encephalitis (ME)
- Heavy metal toxicity
- The highly sensitive person
Additional services offered:
- Muscle testing (Applied Kinesiology)
- Live blood analysis
- Lab testing
- Genetic testing and applying the results to your health regimen
- Facial mesotherapy: scar and wrinkle reduction
- Thyroid treatments: conventional and integrative
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- Terrain medicines
- Prescription medications
- Oral chelation (detoxing heavy metals with pills rather than intra-venous treatments)
- Functional medicine (Clinical Nutrition)
- Medicinal herbs
- Lifestyle counselling
- Vitamin B12 injections
Member in good standing of the CNPBC, BCNA and CAND. Active member of The CNPBC Inquiries Committee and Standards of Practice Committee. Past member of the board of the CNPBC and Chair of The Bylaws Committee. Organiser and Master of Ceremonies for Naturopathic Medicine Week Victoria 2014 & 2015.
Recipient of “Best Naturopathic Physician British Columbia 2019” Canadian Business Award.
Appearances on CFAX 1070 and CKNY Radio stations, podcasts on mindbodyradio.com.