OPEN FOR IN PERSON VISITS, AFTER THE REQUIRED SCREENING
STILL OFFERING PHONE AND ZOOM CONSULTATIONS
A UV filter (disinfecting) filters all circulating air in this building, to increase your protection
MASKS ARE STILL REQUIRED AFTER MARCH 11TH 2022 BECAUSE THIS IS A PHYSICIAN’S CLINIC If you forget yours, we will provide you with one
For all in person visits, please call when you arrive, to let us know you are ready for us, and that you are clear on the Covid screening questionnaire, then wait in your car until we let you know we are ready for you. If you do not come by car, let us know as we don’t want to leave you out in the cold, now that the weather is cooler and the back yard is no longer a comfortable “waiting room”.
If this is your first in-person visit since the start of the pandemic, please see the Pandemic Patient Protection page so you know the processes in this clinic for patient safety.
Depending on the circumstances, we may also arrange for the discussion of your symptoms and current health challenges to be by phone or zoom, and testing to be in person, to reduce contact time. Zoom and telephone consultations are charged at the same rate as in person visits.
Testing can be out-doors, by special arrangement, to reduce the probability of viral transmission.
Low allergen clinic
Dr Penny Seth-Smith BSc (Hons) ND
Registered Naturopathic Physician
Certifications in prescribing, facial mesotherapy, oral chelation, acupuncture
Particular interest in complex difficult-to-diagnose cases,
and the interplay between physical and
mental & emotional health
Offering Live blood analysis and Muscle Testing / Applied Kinesiology in addition to conventional
Do you feel you have tried everything
and nothing has really worked?
Have you been told that nothing is wrong
and yet you still feel awful?
Do you react to so many medications
and treatments that you despair?
Get sage advice from a naturopath with 25 years experience
Dr Penny Seth-Smith is an integrated Naturopathic Physician for adults, children and infants. She has an English science degree, 4 years (5,000 hours) of Canadian post-graduate Naturopathic medical education and 25 years experience in natural treatments for a wide variety of illness and disease. Her particular expertise is in treating Gut Health, Anxiety and Depression, Thyroid problems, Hormonal imbalances, Migraines, Seasonal Allergies, and Long-term Effects of Childhood (and later) Traumas.
She also offers gentle treatments suitable for the Highly Sensitive Person.
Providing Naturopathic Treatments for:
- Long Covid – once you have tested negative for the infection, if symptoms persist or return. Please note that I am not permitted to treat acute Covid 19.
- Post-viral syndromes in general (click on post below)
- Post partum depression
- Childhood trauma
- Long term effects of previous mental / emotional traumas
- Concussion and post-concussion syndromes
- Seasonal allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Leaky Gut
- Food sensitivities
- Candida overgrowth
- SIBO (Small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
- SIFO (Small intestine fungal overgrowth)
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Kidney function problems
- Thyroid problems
- Hormone imbalances
- Menopausal symptoms
- Breast Health
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Chronic fatigue
- Myalgic encephalitis (ME)
- Heavy metal toxicity
- The highly sensitive person
Additional services offered:
- Muscle testing (Applied Kinesiology)
- Live blood analysis
- Lab testing
- Genetic testing and applying the results to your health regimen
- Facial mesotherapy: scar and wrinkle reduction
- Thyroid treatments: conventional and integrative
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- Terrain medicines
- Prescription medications
- Oral chelation (detoxing heavy metals with pills rather than intra-venous treatments)
- Functional medicine (Clinical Nutrition)
- Medicinal herbs
- Lifestyle counselling
- Vitamin B12 injections
Member in good standing of the CNPBC, BCND (previously BCNA) and CAND.
Active member of The CNPBC Standards of Practice Committee. Past member of the Board of the CNPBC, the CNPBC Inquiries Committee and past Chair of the Bylaws Committee.
Organiser and Master of Ceremonies for the BCNA Naturopathic Medicine Week Victoria 2014 & 2015.
Recipient of “Best Naturopathic Physician British Columbia 2019” Canadian Business Award.
Appearances on CFAX 1070 and CKNY Radio stations, podcasts on mindbodyradio.com.