Naturopathic Family Physician
New Patients Welcome
Dr Penny Seth-Smith BSc (Hons) ND
Registered Naturopathic Physician**
Board certified in prescribing, facial mesotherapy, oral chelation, acupuncture
Particular interest in complex difficult-to-diagnose cases, and the interplay between physical and mental & emotional health
Offering Live blood analysis and Muscle Testing / Applied Kinesiology in addition to conventional medical analysis
25 YEARS EXPERIENCE at your service
Do you feel you have tried everything and nothing has really worked? Have you been told that nothing is wrong and yet you still feel awful? Do you react to so many medications and treatments that you despair?
Dr Penny Seth-Smith is an integrated Naturopathic Physician for adults, children and infants. She has an English degree, 4 years (5,000 hours) of Canadian post-graduate Naturopathic medical education and 25 years experience in natural treatments for a wide variety of illness and disease. Her particular expertise is in treating Gut Health, Anxiety and Depression, Thyroid problems, Hormonal imbalances, Migraines, Seasonal Allergies, and Long-term Effects of Major Life Traumas – however long ago they happened.
She also offers gentle treatments suitable for the Highly Sensitive Person.
Providing Naturopathic Treatments for:
- Post Partum Depression
- Long term effects of previous mental / emotional traumas
- Concussion and post-concussion syndromes
- Seasonal allergies
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Leaky Gut
- Food sensitivities
- Candida overgrowth
- SIBO (Small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
- SIFO (Small intestine fungal overgrowth)
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Kidney function problems
- Thyroid problems
- Hormone imbalances
- Menopausal symptoms
- Breast Health
- Chronic fatigue
- Myalgic encephalitis (ME)
- Heavy metal toxicity
- The highly sensitive person
Additional services offered:
- Muscle testing (Applied Kinesiology)
- Live blood analysis
- Lab testing
- Genetic testing and applying the results to your health regimen
- Facial mesotherapy: scar and wrinkle reduction
- Thyroid treatments: conventional and integrative
- Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy
- Terrain medicines
- Prescription medications
- Oral chelation (detoxing heavy metals with pills rather than intra-venous treatments)
- Functional medicine (Clinical Nutrition)
- Medicinal herbs
- Lifestyle counselling
- Vitamin B12 injections
Member in good standing of the CNPBC, BCNA and CAND. Active member of The CNPBC Inquiries Committee and Standards of Practice Committee. Past member of the board of the CNPBC and Chair of The Bylaws Committee. Organiser and Master of Ceremonies for Naturopathic Medicine week Victoria 2014 & 2015.
Recipient of “Best Naturopathic Physician British Columbia 2109” Canadian Business Award.
Appearances on CFAX 1070 and CKNY Radio stations.
** As a Registered Naturopathic Doctor I am regulated by the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia. This proves that I:
- graduated from a recognised programme
- passed rigorous professional entrance exams
- keep my knowledge and skills current
- act in your best interests
- have professional liability insurance
- am accountable to a regulatory body that can investigate complaints and impose discipline
For more information see the website of the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC).
Make sure that your health care providers are regulated, licensed and accountable.